U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance Named Silver Sponsor of 2015 NSSF Industry Summit
NEWTOWN, Conn. — The National Shooting Sports Foundation® is pleased to announce that U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance has signed on as a Silver Sponsor of NSSF’s 2015 Industry Summit. Taking place June 1-3, in Savannah, Georgia, the Summit will work to share dynamic models of success that contribute toward the common industry goals of promoting hunting and target shooting, responding to threats to our success and exploring new avenues of opportunities for growth and recruitment.
“We are very pleased that U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance has joined us in promoting the 2015 Industry Summit,” said Melissa Schilling, NSSF Director, Recruitment and Retention. “This organization’s long-standing and highly reputable commitment to protecting and advancing America’s outdoor heritage goes hand in hand with NSSF’s mission to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Their input and support will be integral in making the 2015 Industry Summit one of the most productive events we’ll conduct in the coming year.”
“We are happy to once again serve as a Silver Sponsor of the NSSF Industry Summit,” said Nick Pinizzotto, USSA President and CEO. “We have a long and productive partnership with NSSF working on a number of hunting and shooting issues, and we see their annual summit as one of the most important and informative events in our industry.”
The 2015 Summit will convene on several topics crucial to the continued success of today’s firearms industry. These include:
- Diversity—trends affecting our industry and successful outreach models.
- Media Outreach—engaging the press, use of social media and technology, and ways to counter anti-gun rhetoric.
- The Changing Face of Today’s Shooter—reaching the new shooter, recruitment pilot efforts and building customer interaction.
- Hunting—recognizing the new hunter of today, building hunter numbers and tools for the future such as apprentice programs.
- Government Relations—a comprehensive overview of state issues and ballot initiatives, threats to our industry, new opportunities for growth and grassroots versus big money activism.
About U.S. Sportsmen’s AllianceBeginning in the mid 1970s, the threat to our outdoor heritage became so great that a group of business leaders took it upon themselves to organize sportsmen to fight to protect hunting, fishing and trapping opportunities across the country. What started as the defense of an Ohio trapping issue in 1977 with national implications soon evolved into the country’s leading advocate for sportsmen across the country—the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance (USSA) and the USSA Foundation (USSAF). For nearly four decades, USSA has fought to protect and advance our outdoor heritage of hunting, fishing, trapping and shooting in all 50 state legislatures, in the courts, in Congress and at the ballot box. www.ussportsmen.org.